RSS Feeds! :)

About me

Singapore
Welcome to my blog. I am a photographer and videographer. Who said 1 cant have both? The shoutbox and my video links are at the bottom. Pls do leave your comments :)

Saturday, September 20, 2003

F.W.N.R
(fridae westside nite ride)

8.05pm. Pacing ard e house. "Should i or should i not go??. I dont noe anyone there." ASk my dad for an option n he said i should try. Time den 8.16pm..okok little intro. fwnr is a ride wher e all e pple in e west gather to ride together. They usually meet at Adam Rd n their dist travelled is at least like 50km 0r more..

8.15pm. Had 45min to rush to Adam to meet them. Usuallly it takes me 50 to reach chuch so i told e guy i will be late n off i went i cycled really fast. Clocked like 25km/h ave. tts super fast. Anyway i arrived there like ten mins early. Went to buy a 1.5 l mineral water coz i didnt bring any. Shook hands when everyone.

When i arrived there were like 6 plus pple. Wahzz. All had very nice, pretty bikes. But wat caught my eye was e Santa Cruz HECKLER in e midst of all e other bikes. WAhzz..2.5 or 6 inch tires. I tot this guy wont be able to catch up. It was great, they were super frenly.

Have to seen group of pple cycling on e road with their blikies on???.
I did. N was part of it. Was super cool to like see e lights flashing. Like some christmas celebration. Haha. From Farrer we headed down to Holland V den to West Coast Highway to Pasir Panjang to Tuas. 50km.

Objective: Tuas
Travelling down west coast highway was ok but at Tuas wahzz..tts e real killer. There were many super long roads n e pple like to cycle fast i was like left behind. =*( so inferior ah pengs beat me hehe~ but ya they all quite old at least 30 plus. Only like 4 young adults out of like 15. Anyway ya e others joined us at West Coast there.
Tot e ride will end fast. Past industrial factories n all tot i was in Tuas but i was wrong. Wahzzz...dont noe tuas so long onezz. Alot of long roads n upslopes. So where near reaching e end I almost cannot take it liaozz...thighs feeling very weak n hands hurt.
Tuas got so many str. N super long road i tink they can land many planes there. It can be an emergency runaway.

30 years old n married wif a newborn
No i didnt try to pick up an auntie. Remember i mention e SANTA CRUS HECKLER??. Well e owners turns out to be a really frenly person n can chat lot of stuff coz he also into freeriding. But i was shocked when he told me his age along e road. 30 married with a newborn n intro freeriding. He's not ur regular vulgular n hardcore rider. But a cultured n composed one. Anyway his rig also quite amazing Heckler with Manitou Sherman n Sun RIms-Single Track with 2.6 no for ur normal road riding but he did very well catching up n also keeping pace. Dont noe wat's his secret n all e other's secret, cycle so long still not much signs of fatigue.

Mobil station
We stopped there. That was like our second break. Time to interact. I chose Poser.(hecl\kler guy) n this guy callled Jian Sheng. I realised we are all into freeriding but they two not so hardcore, me a bit more but juz no guts to do so n that i haven learnt e tricks of e trade. Hey!! Getting there soon k?? Some more time. N i tried Poser's bike at e first break n tried again on e second. E sus was like 'swosh" so plush even e rear shock...swosh so cool. But heavy lahz but not as heavy Yan's bike..e pics in my last week's entry. Anyway riding his bike was like changing from a horse to a bull. His profile was so much bigger. Handlebar wider by 3.5 inches. e frame so big n fat, E rims so wide. Very diff feel from mine.
All e best in ur freeride endeavour!!!.

Game over
I left e group so after e break. But not after long roads n long roads n long roads again.
Reached Jln Buroh turned in to pandan looop was a quite found my way back home.
Teban gardens to Jurong Town rd to Jurong EAst to Jurng West.

I muz say those uncles are really very very fast. Who impressed me most in Jeremy e organiser whoazz..his stamina tink quite good..can cycle n turn back to check on e rest n then keep up i dont tnoe how.Yawn...tired. Nitez.

FRame chck in case frame breaks:
Got money- Santa Cruz HECKLER(me dream for quite sime time)
Not much money- Identit Dr Jerkyll, on-one gimp
No money-Da Bomb cr8

No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels